Lake Michigan Resource Sites
CILER: Cooperative Institute for Limnology and
– Was established for the objective of fostering
University and NOAA partnerships in the Great Lakes
– An interstate compact agency that promotes
conservation of the water and related natural
resources of the Great Lakes basin.
– Great Lakes water level observations,
precipitation, evaporation, runoff, net basin
supplies, and ice data.
Environmental Research Laboratory
- Conducts innovative research on the dynamic
environments and ecosystems of the Great Lakes.
- Offers a wealth of data and information about the
Great Lakes region's environment, economy, tourism,
Great Lakes Regional
– Federal and regional collaboration to restore and
protect the Great Lakes.
– New federal program addressing the most
significant problems in the Great Lakes ecosystem.
Ships & Marine Traffic
– Locate all large ships, freighters and other
marine traffic on the Great Lakes.
Great Lakes WATER Institute
- University of Wisconsin aquatic technology and
environmental research center.
Lake Michigan Cam
- Lake Michigan Webcam from Grand Haven, Michigan.
Michigan Sea Grant
- Promotes conservation, protection and sustainable
use of the Great Lakes and coastal resources.
NOAA CoastWatch Great
- Environmental and weather data for near real-time
observation of the Great Lakes.
NOAA/GLERL Lake Michigan Field Station
- Located in Muskegon, Michigan, the Lake Michigan
Field Station serves as NOAA's base of operations
for Great Lakes research and the home port for
GLERL's research vessels, which operate throughout
the Great Lakes.
NOAA Webcams -
Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory Lake
Michigan (GLERL) Webcams.
Real-Time Meteorological Observation Network
- View the latest Lake Michigan and Great Lakes